Energy drinks have flourished in the market since Red Bull first arrived in 1999. Sales for energy drinks reached $12.5 million in 2012 and which demonstrated 16% growth. Furthermore, the Energy Shot market reached over $1 billion in sales with $896 million in sales coming from 5 Hour Energy Drink.
In addition to continuous growth, we continue to see drinks not only containing caffeine but multiple stimulants that may pose a risk for young athletes, especially when combined with intense training.
Do Energy Drinks pose a risk for young athletes?
In This Episode You will Learn:
1) What is classified as an Energy Drink?
2) What are the Health Benefits of Caffeine?
3) Overview of the Energy Drink Market?
4) What are the Adverse Effects of Consuming Energy Drinks?
5) What is the Biggest Concern with the Combination of Ingredients?
6) What is the Concern for Young Athletes?
7) The Level of Caffeine in Energy Drinks vs. Coffee Products
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
A Backpacker’s Life – www.ryangrayson.blogspot.com